Top 10 Things To Do
TOP TEN PLACES TO SEE NEARBY
- The Kinema in the Woods, Woodhall Spa
- The Cottage Museum, Woodhall Spa (closed in winter)
- The Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa
- Tattershall Castle
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Coningsby
- RAF Metheringham (less than a mile from here)
- Cogglesford Watermill and Heckington Windmill – or any other windmill – they’re all superb!
- The Museum of Lincolnshire Life and The Collection in Lincoln (Lincoln’s 2 museums)
- Lincoln Castle and Lincoln Minster
- The Wolds – from Horncastle to Louth or Alford has stunning scenery – great walks & drives
- The Coast – lots of nice places to enjoy
TOP TEN EXPERIENCES NEARBY
- Walk or cycle the Water Rail Way from Kirkstead Bridge to Lincoln (or from Langrick Bridge to Boston) or the Spa Trail which goes all the way from Woodhall Spa to Horncastle or Take a walk in the Wolds
- Swim in the outdoor pool at Jubilee Park (Open April to October)
- Watch a film at the old-fashioned Kinema in the Woods
- Go fishing in the Witham, play golf in Woodhall, bird watch at Gibraltar Point or watch stars from almost anywhere –all in the ‘Big Outdoors’!
- Have afternoon tea at the Dower House Hotel or the Petwood Hotel – both in Woodhall Spa
- Book a tour around the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre in Coningsby
- Pre-book a taxi ride on the Lancaster ‘Just Jane’ at East Kikby. Really expensive, but what an experience!
- Visit Woodhall Spa during their WW2 weekend in July, Lincoln on the first weekend of December for the world-famous Christmas Market, or anywhere in Lincolnshire on Discover Lincolnshire weekend in March – loads of free entries and special events – see visitlincoln.com for more info.
- Spend a day in front of the wood burning stove, drinking wine and playing Monopoly!
What people say about us
After months planning a wedding, this has been the perfect relaxing honeymoon we were after. The entire week has been wonderful...
The Hayloft is simply beautiful, so peaceful & cosy. We spent the days visiting Woodhall Spa and walking and the nights drinking wine by the log burner playing board games, not to mention soaking in that AMAZING bath!!!
The Bothy was such a lovely place to 'chill' and relax! Thank you for making our stay a home from home, with all little extra touches added in! The first night dinner was super and the crumble was amazing!!
Wow - what an amazing time we have had. Stumbled across this gem on tripadvisor and you deserve all of the praise you get & more!
Wow, what a place! Stephen and I needed a hideaway for a few nights, which would be like a home from home, and we found it with you. What taste you have Sherry, it was like living in 'Country Living Magazine'!
We have made the Hayloft our annual treat to escape and chill. This is our 4th visit now and each time we love it more.
Practically Perfect in Every Way... Thank you.
From a bottle of wine to bath robes - we really could not have wanted for anything else! The highlight might have been the bath - it was amazing!!!! The Bothy really and truly exceeded our expectations and we could not have imagined how delightful a stay it could be!
The Bothy is quiet, cosy and quirky.
Our third here at the Bothy (and 3 times in the Hayloft!); a wonderful few days of autumn sunshine. Walks on the Fens, the Wolds and along the beach. The garden here is a perfect sun trap, warm enough to enjoy breakfast each morning. I love the warmth and distinctive smell here - it will keep bringing us back to the perfect place for recovery. Thank you, as always... PS The flowers were beautiful!