- Lincoln’s Open Top Bus – the perfect way to experience the city. Take a ride on Tour Lincoln, the open-top city sightseeing bus with live commentary and experience Lincoln for yourself. The commentary brings Lincoln’s history to life. The guides have a great deal of knowledge about Lincoln and make the trip a really interesting one. For information on tickets and timing, see their website – Visit Lincoln
- Original Lincoln Ghost Walks – “Come and enjoy the haunting stories of the City of Lincoln.” Start in Castle Square opposite the Magna Carta pub. Just turn up!
- Equally fascinating are the historial walks, eg Lincoln Medieval Walk which takes you through history from 1000 to 1500. There are some Roman walks too – ask at the Tourist Office near the Castle.
- Lincoln Guided Tours – a Green Badge Guide led walking tour of the charming cathedral Quarter – “Don’t just visit Lincoln – get to know Lincoln”
- Brayford Belle Boat Trips – explore the Brayford Waterfront and Lincoln countryside aboard an entertaining hour’s guided canal trip.
- The Kinema in the Woods Two screens show all the up-to-date films in uniquely decorated screens with very comfortable seats, and an ambience you are unlikely to get anywhere else. An interval allows you to scoff ice cream and popcorn and, if you’re lucky, you’ll get a great performance on the organ. Where else can you get all this? I love it! Please make sure you go!
- The Theatre Royal, Lincoln – Another great historical place! As you sink into the plush seats you are transported back to the Theatres of yesteryear… actually, this is a theatre of yesteryear! Showing all the current shows etc but in a theatre with a great atmosphere!
- The Drill Hall was erected in 1890 and was used as a military & police training hall, but was also available for entertainment – The Rolling Stones famously played here on 31 December 1963, prior to their appearance on the very first Top of the Pops the next day! Now there is an auditorium and modern café bar in the huge main hall of the building with wide variety of entertainment on offer.
There are other theatres in the area including Louth, Boston, Skegness and Spilsby. Look them up and see what’s on.
What people say about us
After months planning a wedding, this has been the perfect relaxing honeymoon we were after. The entire week has been wonderful...
The Hayloft is simply beautiful, so peaceful & cosy. We spent the days visiting Woodhall Spa and walking and the nights drinking wine by the log burner playing board games, not to mention soaking in that AMAZING bath!!!
The Bothy was such a lovely place to 'chill' and relax! Thank you for making our stay a home from home, with all little extra touches added in! The first night dinner was super and the crumble was amazing!!
Wow - what an amazing time we have had. Stumbled across this gem on tripadvisor and you deserve all of the praise you get & more!
Wow, what a place! Stephen and I needed a hideaway for a few nights, which would be like a home from home, and we found it with you. What taste you have Sherry, it was like living in 'Country Living Magazine'!
We have made the Hayloft our annual treat to escape and chill. This is our 4th visit now and each time we love it more.
Practically Perfect in Every Way... Thank you.
From a bottle of wine to bath robes - we really could not have wanted for anything else! The highlight might have been the bath - it was amazing!!!! The Bothy really and truly exceeded our expectations and we could not have imagined how delightful a stay it could be!
The Bothy is quiet, cosy and quirky.
Our third here at the Bothy (and 3 times in the Hayloft!); a wonderful few days of autumn sunshine. Walks on the Fens, the Wolds and along the beach. The garden here is a perfect sun trap, warm enough to enjoy breakfast each morning. I love the warmth and distinctive smell here - it will keep bringing us back to the perfect place for recovery. Thank you, as always... PS The flowers were beautiful!