Top 10 Things To Do
Top Ten Places to see Nearby
- Museum at the Manor House Stables, Martin
- Kinema in the Woods, Woodhall Spa
- Cottage Museum, Woodhall Spa
- Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa
- Tattershall Castle
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Coningsby
- Heckington Windmill , Cogglesford Watermill, Maud Foster Mill – or any other windmill or watermill – they’re all superb!
- Lincoln – top sites include the Museum of Lincolnshire Life, the Cathedral, the Collection (Museum of Art and Archaeology) and the Castle
- The Wolds – from Horncastle to Louth or Alford has stunning scenery – great walks & drives
- The Coast – lots of nice places to enjoy
Top Ten Experiences Nearby
- Walk or cycle the Water Rail Way from Kirkstead Bridge to Lincoln (or from Langrick Bridge to Boston) or the Spa Trail which goes all the way from Woodhall Spa to Horncastle..
- Swim in the outdoor pool at Jubilee Park – they even do midnight swims!
- Watch a film at the Kinema in the Woods. On Saturday night the organ emerges from the floor during the interval and old-time music is played! Quite an experience especially sitting in comfy seats eating icecream.
- Have afternoon tea at the Petwood Hotel
- Book a tour around the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre in Coningsby
- Pre-book a taxy ride on the Lancaster ‘Just Jane’ at East Kirkby. Really expensive, but what an experience!
- Ask for a special tour of our little museum here at the Manor House Stables. Local historian Michael Credland will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the Great War!
- Book onto a course at the Manor House Stables!
- Spend a day in front of your wood burning stove, drinking wine and playing Monopoly!
- Go fishing in the Witham, play golf in Woodhall or watch stars from almost anywhere – all in the ‘Big Outdoors’!
Things to do in Lincoln
What people say about us
After months planning a wedding, this has been the perfect relaxing honeymoon we were after. The entire week has been wonderful...
The Hayloft is simply beautiful, so peaceful & cosy. We spent the days visiting Woodhall Spa and walking and the nights drinking wine by the log burner playing board games, not to mention soaking in that AMAZING bath!!!
The Bothy was such a lovely place to 'chill' and relax! Thank you for making our stay a home from home, with all little extra touches added in! The first night dinner was super and the crumble was amazing!!
Wow - what an amazing time we have had. Stumbled across this gem on tripadvisor and you deserve all of the praise you get & more!
Wow, what a place! Stephen and I needed a hideaway for a few nights, which would be like a home from home, and we found it with you. What taste you have Sherry, it was like living in 'Country Living Magazine'!
We have made the Hayloft our annual treat to escape and chill. This is our 4th visit now and each time we love it more.
Practically Perfect in Every Way... Thank you.
From a bottle of wine to bath robes - we really could not have wanted for anything else! The highlight might have been the bath - it was amazing!!!! The Bothy really and truly exceeded our expectations and we could not have imagined how delightful a stay it could be!
The Bothy is quiet, cosy and quirky.
Our third here at the Bothy (and 3 times in the Hayloft!); a wonderful few days of autumn sunshine. Walks on the Fens, the Wolds and along the beach. The garden here is a perfect sun trap, warm enough to enjoy breakfast each morning. I love the warmth and distinctive smell here - it will keep bringing us back to the perfect place for recovery. Thank you, as always... PS The flowers were beautiful!