Top 10 Things To Do
Top Ten Places to see Nearby
- Kinema in the Woods, Woodhall Spa
- Tattershall Castle, Tattershall
- Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Coningsby
- RAF Metheringham Visitor Centre (less than a mile from here)
- Cottage Museum, Woodhall Spa
- Cogglesford Watermill, Maud Foster Mill, Heckington Windmill or any other windmill or watermill – they’re all superb!
- Lincoln – top sites include the Museum of Lincolnshire Life, the Cathedral, the Collection (Museum of Art and Archaeology) and the Castle, the home of the Magna Carta
- The Wolds – from Horncastle to Louth or Alford has stunning scenery – great walks & drives
- The Coast – lots of nice places to enjoy
Top Ten Experiences Nearby
- Book onto a course at the Manor House Stables! We now do half day ‘Courses just for Two’ especially for our accommodation guests.
- Spend a day in front of your wood burning stove, drinking wine and playing Monopoly!
- Walk or cycle the Water Rail Way from Kirkstead Bridge to Lincoln (or from Langrick Bridge to Boston) or the Spa Trail which goes all the way from Woodhall Spa to Horncastle..
- Swim in the outdoor pool at Jubilee Park – they even do midnight swims!
- Watch a film at the Kinema in the Woods. On Saturday night the organ emerges from the floor during the interval and old-time music is played! Quite an experience especially sitting in comfy seats eating icecream.
- Have afternoon tea at the Dower House Hotel or the Petwood Hotel
- Visit Woodhall Spa during their WW2 weekend in July – it gets better every year!
- Go fishing in the Witham, play golf in Woodhall or star gaze from almost anywhere – all in the ‘Big Outdoors’!
- Book a tour around the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre in Coningsby or pre-book a taxy ride on the Lancaster ‘Just Jane’ at East Kirkby. Expensive, but what an experience!
- Visit many free Lincolnshire sites and attractions on Discover Lincolnshire weekend in March or the Heritage Open Day weekends in September – see www.visitlincoln.com for more information.
Things to do in Lincoln
What people say about us
After months planning a wedding, this has been the perfect relaxing honeymoon we were after. The entire week has been wonderful...
The Hayloft is simply beautiful, so peaceful & cosy. We spent the days visiting Woodhall Spa and walking and the nights drinking wine by the log burner playing board games, not to mention soaking in that AMAZING bath!!!
The Bothy was such a lovely place to 'chill' and relax! Thank you for making our stay a home from home, with all little extra touches added in! The first night dinner was super and the crumble was amazing!!
Wow - what an amazing time we have had. Stumbled across this gem on tripadvisor and you deserve all of the praise you get & more!
Wow, what a place! Stephen and I needed a hideaway for a few nights, which would be like a home from home, and we found it with you. What taste you have Sherry, it was like living in 'Country Living Magazine'!
We have made the Hayloft our annual treat to escape and chill. This is our 4th visit now and each time we love it more.
Practically Perfect in Every Way... Thank you.
From a bottle of wine to bath robes - we really could not have wanted for anything else! The highlight might have been the bath - it was amazing!!!! The Bothy really and truly exceeded our expectations and we could not have imagined how delightful a stay it could be!
The Bothy is quiet, cosy and quirky.
Our third here at the Bothy (and 3 times in the Hayloft!); a wonderful few days of autumn sunshine. Walks on the Fens, the Wolds and along the beach. The garden here is a perfect sun trap, warm enough to enjoy breakfast each morning. I love the warmth and distinctive smell here - it will keep bringing us back to the perfect place for recovery. Thank you, as always... PS The flowers were beautiful!