The Bothy 2 + 1.
The perfect retreat - a cosy hideaway which is warm and welcoming with a wood-burning stove, exposed beams, brick-tiled floors and lime-washed walls. All rooms are at ground floor level and special care has been taken to make this lovely accommodation as suitable for those who are less able as possible.
- A bottle of wine, a bowl of fruit and a bunch of fresh flowers greet you to help make your stay in the 'Bothy' a memorable one...
The accommodation is compact and cosy with a wood-burning stove in the living /dining room and underfloor heating throughout fuelled by a wood pellet boiler and solar panels. Natural insulation (such as battens of hemp and cotton) has been used throughout the accommodation (see 'Restoration') and is certain to guarantee a warm and cosy stay indoors whatever the weather outside!
- The main living area is situated in the old part of the Stables which may have at one time served as a ‘bothy’ or living and eating area for the stable boys and shepherds who worked the local farmland. Soft leather seating, a TV, DVD player and a reproduction record player that plays CD's(!) and a selection of books, games and DVD's are all available - enough to enjoy many nights in front of the fire!
- A staircase from this room connects with the first floor Hayloft, open when the two units of accommodation are rented together. Tucked under this staircase is a cosy little 'snug' or ‘box-bed’, similar to those found in crofters' cottages - a place to relax or an additional sleeping space for one.
- The small but perfectly hand-crafted kitchen is fully equipped with microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator with freezing compartment, kettle and toaster and a range of quality kitchenware. An unusual but beautifully enamelled ‘Everhot’ traditional cooking range/ heat store (electric) keeps this area lovely and warm. A door leads from here into the small private garden - help yourself to vegetables and herbs from the raised bed and use freshly in your evening meal!
- You will also find a 'Welcome Hamper' containing a selection of organic vegetables freshly picked from our garden (or purchased from the local farm shop). Essentials such as milk, coffee, tea, sugar, wine and other goodies are also provided to help you have a relaxed and carefree break.
- The main bedroom at the back of the accommodation has a double cast iron Sleigh bed and looks peacefully out over the garden. The luxury mattress is made of organic Welsh wool, covered in cotton sheets and luxury bedspreads.
- The luxury porcelain-tiled bathroom contains a wet-room style shower area and an unusual wooden soaking tub - so soak away the stress!
- Special care has been taken to make this accommodation suitable for those who are less mobile. The floor is level throughout and doors are all extra wide. The kitchen has been designed with wheelchair users in mind and there is a 'walk-in' shower area and grab bars in the bathroom.
- Screened by a hazel hurdle fence the small private garden provides an additional 'room' in which to relax. Have a picnic or barbeque on the patio, relax in the lawnchairs or swing in the basket swing ... perfect relaxation...