The Hayloft 2 + 2.
This is the newly restored first floor which was once the Hayloft. It is warm and welcoming with a wood burning stove - a perfect relaxing romantic retreat...
- A box of chocolates and a bunch of fresh flowers greet you to help make your stay in the 'Hayloft' a memorable one...
- The open plan living area/ kitchen has exposed beams and lime-washed walls. The wooden floors are covered in braided or wool rugs and recycled cotton mats. Fabrics are soft and natural and colours are warm and earthy. The cotton and linen-covered sofa and armchairs provide a place to relax and unwind.
- A TV and DVD player and a selection of games, books and DVDs are all available for cosy nights in front of the fire. An unusual addition to the entertainment is the reproduction record player which plays both your old 45's and your new CDs!
- Tucked away in a corner of the living room is a double ‘Box Bed’ or 'Snug' - a bed boxed in and enclosed by a curtain, similar to those found in old-fashioned crofters’ cottages - a lovely place to relax or an additional sleeping space for two.
- The kitchen area is well equipped with a Belfast sink, full-size dishwasher, Rangemaster cooker, an unusual 'retro' microwave, an Italian wooden refrigerator, toaster with poached egg rack, kettle and a range of quality kitchenware. Here you will find a 'Welcome Hamper' containing a selection of organic vegetables freshly picked from our garden (or purchased from the local farm shop). Essentials such as milk, coffee, tea, sugar, wine and other goodies are also provided to ensure a perfect first night in!
- The main bedroom is lovely and peaceful and has a double cast iron bed, small fireplace and an en-suite toilet & sink. The luxury mattress is made of organic Welsh wool covered in organic cotton, and the sheets, bedspreads, quilts and curtains are all of cotton too.
- The main bathroom at the other end of the 'Hayloft' is a haven of peace and tranquility. Here you can soak in the deep copper bateau spa bath, relax in the sauna or freshen up in the steam shower! Natural soaps and other luxuries are also provided for pampering yourself during your stay.
- The 'Hayloft' is lovely and warm throughout, heated by cast iron radiators fuelled by a wood pellet boiler and solar panels and an attractive 'Clearview' wood-burning stove. The abundant use of natural insulation (including battens made of cotton and hemp), makes this a truly warm and well-insulated accommodation!
- A little private garden surrounded by a hazel hurdle screen is situated at the bottom of the outside staircase behind the Stables. A picnic table on a brick patio, a barbeque set, bird-feeding table and a basket swing make this garden a room to relax in. In the summer a raised vegetable bed will be full of seasonal vegetables and a variety of herbs - special ingredients to make your meals both healthy and tasty!
- Free internet access